I am currently a fourth-year Ph.D. student at University of Southern California (USC), advised by Prof. Xiang Ren.
My research focuses on building trustworthy Natural Language Processing (NLP) systems. Specifically, I’m interested in security and robustness of NLP models. I also do research in question answering, and information extraction.
You can find my CV here.
BITE: Textual Backdoor Attacks with Iterative Trigger Injection
Jun Yan, Vansh Gupta, Xiang Ren
On the Robustness of Reading Comprehension Models to Entity Renaming
RockNER: A Simple Method to Create Adversarial Examples for Evaluating the Robustness of Named Entity Recognition Models
AdaTag: Multi-Attribute Value Extraction from Product Profiles with Adaptive Decoding
Jun Yan, Nasser Zalmout, Yan Liang, Christan Grant, Xiang Ren, Xin Luna Dong
ACL-IJCNLP 2021 [paper]
Learning Contextualized Knowledge Structures for Commonsense Reasoning
Scalable Multi-Hop Relational Reasoning for Knowledge-Aware Question Answering
Learning from Explanations with Neural Execution Tree
Learning Dual Retrieval Module for Semi-supervised Relation Extraction
Honors & Awards
- Sep 2019: My project receives support from Adobe Data Science Research Award ($50,000), PI: Prof. Xiang Ren
- Aug 2019: Annenberg Fellowship, University of Southern California
- Jul 2019: Excellent Graduate, Tsinghua University
- Oct 2018: Evergrande Scholarship, Tsinghua University
- Oct 2017: Samsung Scholarship, Tsinghua University
- Oct 2016: JJWorld Scholarship, Tsinghua University
University of Southern California
Ph.D. in Computer Science
2019 - Present Los Angeles, CA, U.S.
B.Eng. in Electronic Engineering
2015 - 2019 Beijing, China